Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wonderful Weekend!!!

This weekend has been so enjoyable. I feel ready to start the week and get a lot accomplished. Friday was a night to relax and take a break from the week. We both are going a million miles an hour everyday that by Friday we are both exhausted. We had dinner and watched the USU vs BYU football game. We were both happy to see that USU at least scored a couple of times. Saturday we went to our favorite B-fast spot, listened to conference and cleaned the house from top to bottom. We finished just in time for Wade to go to the priesthood meeting with his brother. I stayed home and planned our meals for the next month and then went grocery shopping. These are two things I really dislike doing and the two biggest reasons I don't care to cook. If someone would give me the stuff and tell me what to make each night I would be delighted. Having this completed made me feel very happy. After Wade got home from his meeting we watched the movie Made of Honor. It was ok, not a movie I would buy, but fine to see once. Sunday we slept in free from worry that our primary lesson wasn't finished. I was feeling domestic since I had spent all that money and time getting groceries, I figured I should cook. I know this is out of character for me, especially to make B-fast. I never make B-fast that has always been Wade's thing since we were married. I made a skillet breakfast with onions, green peppers, diced potatoes, ham and melted cheese on top. Wade whipped up some eggs to go with it. I was really impressed and next time want to add sliced fresh mushrooms YUMMO!!! So I was inspired and just getting started. Something about this weekend that makes me want to cook. I made Meat Loaf, AuGratin Potatoes, Butternut Squash for dinner. We were way full and a bonus have leftovers for tomorrow. I loved listening to the speakers hearing President Monson speak was my favorite. I feel so uplifted and hopeful that by staying close to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ I will be guided and will have the strength to do my best and can accomplish all I need to. The great day was topped off with us visiting my folks. It was good to sit and talk and not be on edge. I really enjoyed this weekend!!!

2 comments:

Miss ~E said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend!

Angie said...

Don't you wish every weekend could be that good. I had a great one as well I love conference weekend.