Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Christmas

We have had a fun and very relaxing Christmas. It took me a while to feel the spirit of the season but was able to enjoy getting ready for the holiday. I spent a couple of days baking and making all the foods we love to eat & share with others. The Sat before Christmas we met with Wade's family. We spent the afternoon at the movie Tales of Despereaux. After the movie Wade's folks took all the kids to pick out a gift. Wade & I met up with them later at the house for dinner. We opened gifts and laughed and made fun of each other and even mixed in a few tender moments. It was a great time!!!

We spent Christmas Eve with Colette's family and Clinton & Diane. Colette made a yummy turkey dinner and we watched a movie in the theater (WAY COOL!!!). The kids opened a gift (surprise, PJ'S). We had fun sharing the evening with them. Thanks for having us!!!

Christmas morning Wade, Wookie, & I spent the morning opening gifts, making breakfast, and playing Guitar Hero. We had what I would call a Wii Christmas :) I got Mario Kart and Wade got Guitar Hero. Wookie was not neglected he got a new collar, treats, chew stick, and a reindeer toy.

After a nice morning we went to my folks for Christmas dinner. YUMMO!!! Mom made a ham dinner with all our favorites. We opened gifts and had lots of fun surprising each other with what we got them. Finding & giving the perfect gift is part of the fun, I especially love watching people open the gifts we give them. We spent all afternoon and long into the evening playing games and hanging out. We also watched it snow all day long. I love that it snowed on Christmas it made a mess for driving but it added to the cozy warm feeling:) We had a great Christmas and feel blessed that we could share it with family. We were spoiled as always and glad to have a day to remember our Saviors birth. We hope you all had a wonderful and safe holiday!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like you had a great day! Don't you just love Christmas when it turns out like that!

Barb Davis said...

So glad to hear you had such a wonderful Christmas. Best wishes for a New Year filled with the desires of your heart.