Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Today has been a day of remembering our loved ones that have past and being grateful for our family that are still with us. Yesterday we got the news that Wade's Brother Wes & his family that live in Iowa. Their house was hit by a tornado and leveled. They spent those minutes of terror huddled together in the tornado shelter in the basement. Only to emerge from the shelter to see all they had destroyed. We are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for keeping them safe. We have felt helpless being so far away. All we have been able to do is pray and know that the Lord would send others to help them and he has. It really puts in perspective where I need to put my priorities and spend my time. Our families mean everything to us!!! Why is it that we sometime treat those we love the worst & are critical and to busy to spend time or even call. I know I haven't been the one going threw the crisis but it sure has had me thinking about changes that I need to make in my life!!!

No comments: