

Thanks to the pioneers. They sacrificed all they had and many lost their lives to come to Utah to live without persecution. I can only imagine the sorrow they felt and how difficult it was to push a handcart across the prairies and over mountains and rivers. I know that I could have never done what they did. I have often said that I would have sat down and let the wolves eat me. I am not a camper I enjoy nature one day at a time after a good night sleep, hot shower and a good breakfast. To listen to the stories of men & women and children that came Utah amazes me, their strength and courage and faith. I'm sure that the word spoken by Brigham Young "This is the place" were bitter sweet. Their journey over and yet in such a dry desolate place the work only beginning. As we all go off and play celebrating a day off work, I hope we stop to think about what happened in the past that made the present possible.
1 comment:
Happy 24th of July!!!
Post a Comment