Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sun Valley Idaho

To celebrate our 11 year anniversary we went to Sun Valley Idaho. I at first wondered where on earth we were going, driving for hours seeing nothing worth looking at, just sage brush and Lava rock for miles. Then when you think you should turn back, mountains appear in the distance and then you start to see ranches and a river. Things become green and Sunflowers and wild flowers are everywhere. It turned out to be a very beautiful area. We stayed in Hailey. Our room was wonderful a King size bed and a huge jetted tub. Not to mention the thermostat was set on 60 degrees when we checked in. My kind of place, I actually got a little cold and had to turn the temp up. Friday night found a fabulous restaurant in Ketchum called East Avenue Bistro. We looked through all the shops and drove around and looked at all the huge homes. There are tons of golf courses, trails and bike paths. We walked down a trail to a bridge on the Big Wood River. Next time I'd love to float the river and go on a bike trail. Before we headed to Twin we had lunch at little 50's dinner called Shorty's. Wade laughed and had to buy his sister Colette a mug since that is what her husband calls her. It was pretty fun. We really enjoyed the little bit of time away from home by our selves. This time of year is so stressful and busy at work for Wade with school starting very soon. I was grateful that he could take some time to spend with me. He worked a lot of late nights earlier in the week so we could go. We enjoyed every moment we had. Our time was short yet sweet and Summer is pretty much over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to go there someday!